Global Finance Strategies (GFS) is a global consulting firm that provides financial, strategic and operational counsel, capacity building and outsourcing services for NGOs, donors, governments and private sector companies.
GFS has offices in New York, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Beijing, Nairobi and Johannesburg, with a network of consultants working in countries in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Our staff is made up of highly experienced finance and operations professionals who have held leadership positions in large international NGOs and managed highly complex funding streams.GFS' History Why GFS? The GFS Team
Global Finance Strategies serves a unique role in offering operating and financial guidance for global development and business enterprises.
GFS develops a tailored approach for each client’s unique needs. We can provide services in three main ways:
- Direct Support: GFS can work alongside headquarters or in-country staff as they manage multiple donor funding streams and program budgets.
- Training and Capacity Building: We can design and conduct training and capacity building sessions for teams.
- Outsourcing: Rather than build internal systems, clients can contract with GFS to manage financial operations at a competitive cost.
GFS offers our services to a diverse group of clients operating in the US and globally, with a focus on organizations and business with operations in the emerging economies. Our clients include non-profits and NGOs, academic and research institutions, foundations, governments, multi-lateral organizations and the private sector.
GFS works with our clients to ensure excellence, transparency, accountability and sustainability in key financial and administrative functions. Clients are able to take advantage of GFS’s expertise and knowledge of best practices in non-profit management, donor compliance and grants management.
Business processes and operations:
- Assessment and evaluation of operations
- Internal controls and risk assessment
- Policy development
Proposal and grant management:
- Government funding compliance
- Donor reporting
- Grants management (pre- and post-award)
- Proposal and budget development
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Indirect cost/NICRA development
- Cash, currency and investment counsel
- Analytics and financial analysis
- Financial systems architecture and implementation
- Compliance and program audits
- Management and set-up of multinational operations
- Tax and regulatory compliance