Application for the GHS Global Health 2018-2019 Fellows Program is NOW OPEN.
Graduating next year? Launch your career with a GHS Fellowship.
Our Fellows Program gives new college graduates hands-on training, enabling them to learn our approach and make an immediate impact.
GHS Global Health 2018-2019 Fellows Program
If you are a graduate (spring/summer 2018) who is passionate about improving global health through communications and advocacy, the Global Health Strategies (GHS) one-year Fellows Program offers a unique opportunity for professional growth and learning.
Our Fellows are entrepreneurial, innovative and strategic thinkers with excellent communications and analytical skills. Fellows are team players and have a strong commitment to our clients. They also bring a sense of humor and enjoy having fun.
Objectives of the GHS Fellows Program:
The GHS Fellows Program affords young professionals the opportunity to:
- Gain exposure to the field of global health communications and advocacy
- Hone their writing, research and strategic thinking skills
- Work with high-profile clients on high-impact projects
- Attend presentations and trainings with leaders in the global health field
- Receive professional evaluation, assessment and mentorship
The GHS Fellows Experience:
Fellows work closely with GHS staff to assist in the design and implementation of communications and advocacy strategies for a range of in issues in global health, including infectious disease, immunization, women’s health and universal health coverage. Fellows are provided hands-on experience meaningfully contributing to client goals.
Fellows spend the majority of their time on client work and are also provided opportunities for training and development.
Client work may include:
- Contributing to the research and writing of strategy memos, media materials and issue briefs
- Monitoring and analyzing media coverage and advocate conversations about global health issues
- Providing logistics support for conferences, meetings and events that GHS organizes on behalf of clients
- Managing databases of global health media, policymakers and opinion leaders
- Assisting GHS staff with project management (e.g., drafting meeting minutes, updating work plans, tracking budgets)
Training and development opportunities may include:
- Weekly support with a fellow manager; monthly mentorship with member of the GHS senior management team
- Access to skills trainings, reading list and lunch and learns at GHS with leaders in the global health field
- Sponsorship to attend global health events in NYC
- Opportunity to become an expert on a particular issue within global health
GHS Fellows Program Qualifications & Structure:
- Fellows generally hold bachelor’s degrees (upon entering the program) and have an interest in global health, communications and/or advocacy. They are excellent writers, researchers and critical thinkers
- Experience with communications and advocacy on digital media platforms is a plus
- Fellows will be hired for a one-year term (July 2018-July 2019) with evaluation at the midpoint of the program
- Fellows will be paid stipends equivalent to $36,000
- Fellows are provided a moving allowance of $4,000 and access to our employee benefits program
How to Apply:
- Applications Accepted December 6 – March 23
- Candidate Contacted for Interviews March 26 – March 30
- Candidate Interview Period (3 rounds via web conferencing, online writing test & onsite) April 2 – April 27
- GHS 2018 Fellow Offers Extended April 30 – May 11
- Fellows Start at GHS July 9
Timeline may be adjusted by GHS *
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional or academic references (references should include name, org, email and phone contact only) via online submission. We will contact you if your background matches our job qualifications.
Questions and to Apply:
For more information please visit http://globalhealthstrategies.com/careers/ghs-fellows/ or email Kathleen Sherwin, Global Talent Advisor, email@example.com
GHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse background to apply.
It really is special to work in a place where you can merge your interests outside the office with what you're doing for your client deliverables.Nash Mepukori, GHS Fellow 2016-2017