GHS has offices in Nairobi, Kenya, and Johannesburg, South Africa, specializing in advocacy, communications and strategy consulting.
Our mission is to address health and development issues affecting low-income countries and emerging markets in Africa. To this end, we work with key partners and clients such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Graça Machel Trust, World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, as well as other large donors. We have a robust network of stakeholders and media in the region, including more than 500 senior reporters and editors at leading news publications across the continent.
Our work has included
- Working with partners to expand access to sexual and reproductive health and rights in South Africa
- Supporting the Graça Machel Trust to raise the discourse around the Sustainable Development Goals and the post-2015 agenda for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition in Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia.
- Coordinating with immunization partners in Africa to champion the implementation of the Addis Declaration on Immunization, which was endorsed by Heads of State at the African Union Summit in January 2017.
- Organizing the 2016 Ministerial Conference on Immunization in Africa in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Leading communications around the 2011 and 2013 International Conference on Family Planning in Dakar, Senegal, and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, as well as the 2014 Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Partners’ Forum In Johannesburg, South Africa.
Meet our Africa Team
Global Health Strategies
Unit G1003, First Floor, Hyde Gate, Hyde Park Lane,
Corner of William Nichol Drive and Jan Smuts Avenue,
Hyde Park, Sandton,
2196, South Africa
Global Health Strategies Africa Ltd., Kenya
7th Floor, Azure Towers, Royal Orchid Hotel Commercial Tower
Lantana Road, Westlands